John, youre a vegetarian. Can you tell me a little about this? 约翰，你是个素食主义者，可以请你谈谈吃素的事吗？ Well, I gave up eating meat when I was 16. 嗯，我从16 岁开始就不再吃肉了。 Really? And wha
John, youre a vegetarian. Can you tell me a little about this?
Well, I gave up eating meat when I was 16.
Really? And what kind of things do you eat now?
Urm...dairy products, I eat a lot of dairy products, you know, yogurt, cheese, eggs...but only free-range, of course.
Y儿童线上英语一对一我是有一些了解的hualongyey.com平时在上班中有些同事是已经结婚的了，他们也会谈论这个话题es, eggs which comes from chickens that are not kept in small cages but free to move around.
The eggs are more expensive but also much healthier, and they taste better, too.
Are there any other special foods that you have to eat?
Yes, I often eat tofu, nuts, beans...again for protein...oh yes, and my favourite, veggie-burgers.
What are veggie-burgers?
Well, they look, smell and taste like burgers made from meat, but theyre made from soya beans. Nut burgers are so delicious...but made from nuts, of course.
How about fish and chicken?
Well, for five years I also didnt eat any fish or chicken but now I eat them about twice a week.
Why did you change?
I started to live on my own and couldnt cook vegetarian food as well as my mother.
So now, I sometimes eat fish or chicken because they are easy to cook and not unhealthy.
1. have to
2. give up
3. made from
4. put on
9. dairy products
(A) If you dont want to _____________more weight, you should___________ eating chocolate.
(B) You__________ eat lots of different kinds of food to get a _____________diet.
(C) You should eat less fast food if you want to ____________weight.
(D) ________look and taste like beef burgers but are _____________beans or tofu.
(E) Examples of ___________are eggs, milk, cheese, etc.
____________foot comes from animals that are not kept inside and in very small spaces
答案：A. put on B. have to Close D. Veggie-burgers E. dairy products F. Free-range
1. John is eating more meat.
2. John doesnt eat any meat, or dairy products.
3. John doesnt eat meat but is eating more fish and chicken.
4. John doesnt eat meat, fish, or chicken.
1. At what age did John start his special dite?
2. What free-range food does John eat?
3. Which of the following is NOT an example of a special food that John eats?
4. How long didnt John eat chicken or fish for?
(A) Four years
(B) Five years
(C) 16 years
5. Why does John eat chicken and fish now?
(A) His mother told him to.
(B) It tastes good.
(C) He isnt good at cooking
答案：1.T 2.F 3.F 4.T S.F
1. John: Yes, eggs which come from _______________that are not kept in small cages but free to move around. The eggs are more ____________but also much___________, and they taste___________, too.
2. Interviewer: What are veggie-burgers?
Well, they ___________, smell and taste like burgers made from meat, but theyre made form ________beans. _________________burgers are also deliciousbut made from___________, of course.
3. I started to live on my own and _________ cook vegetarian food __________my mother. So now, I__________ eat fish or chicken because they are _________to cook and not ____________.
1. chickens, expensive, healthier, better
2. Look, soya, Nut, nuts,
3. couldnt, sometimes, easy, unhealthy